Dallas Zoning Districts
Recycling Drop-Off Container
In these use regulations
- RECYCLABLE MATERIALS means aluminum cans, steel cans, glass, paper, and plastics
- RECYCLING DROP-OFF CONTAINER means a facility for the collection and temporary storage of recyclable materials that are limited to aluminum cans, steel cans, glass, paper, and plastics
- By right in all districts if this use is located on property controlled, managed, or maintained by the park and recreation board.
- By right in all districts except the P(A) district if the requirements of additional provisions are satisfied. Except as otherwise provided in this paragraph and except for the P(A) district, by SUP in any district if any requirement of additional provisions is not satisfied
Required Off-Street Parking
Required Off-Street Loading
- A multifamily or nonresidential use must be located on the same building site as this use
- This use may not be located within a visibility triangle as defined in Section 51A-4.602 of this chapter
- No more than six containers are permitted on a building site. Five of the containers may have no more than 3.5 cubic yards of storage capacity. One container for paper collection may have 20 cubic yards of storage capacity. No container may exceed six feet in height. All deposit openings must be designed to prevent dispersion of the container's contents, or the container must be staffed at all times when collection may occur. Containers must be constructed of solid materials
- Containers may not occupy required off-street parking spaces or impede free traffic flow.
- Trailers and automatic collection machines are prohibited
- Mechanical processing of the recyclable materials is prohibited on site
- Materials stored at this use must be removed at least once a week or before reaching capacity. The facilities must be maintained in proper repair and the exterior must have a neat and clean appearance
- A sign must be provided for each container. Each sign must identify the use, the operator responsible for the use, and the telephone number of the operator. No sign may exceed 30 square feet
- No more than tne recycling use is permitted on a building site
- This use must be located at least 1,000 feet from another recycling use. Measurements of distance under this paragraph are taken radially. "Radial" measurement means a measurement taken along the shortest distance between the nearest point of the building sites where recycling uses are located
- Nonprofit organizations are exempt from payment of SUP application fees for this use. For purposes of this paragraph, nonprofit organization means an organization eligible for an exemption from taxation pursuant to Sections 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. At the time of application, a nonprofit applicant must submit an affidavit, acknowledged before a notary public, stating the organization's eligibility for a fee exemption under this paragraph
- No SUP for this use may be granted for more than a two-year time period.
- If this use is located on property controlled, managed, or maintained by the park and recreation board, the requirements of required off-street parking, required off-street loading and additional provisions do not apply.
- The collection of hazardous waste, as defined in Section 51A-4.206(1.1), is prohibited