Sanitation Services - Household Hazardous Waste
(Home Chemical Waste Disposal)
Dallas residents are offered a free disposal service for home chemical waste at the the Home Chemical Collection Center or any Home Chemical Collection event provided by the Dallas
Area Household Hazardous Waste Network.
Home Chemical Collection Events
For information about collections events, call (214) 553-1765.
Both services are free to Dallas residents.
Bring proof of current address. Residents of all other cities pay a minimum $95.00 waste management fee.
Home Chemical Collection Center (HC3)
11234 Plano Road
Dallas, Texas 75243
One mile north of 635/LBJ
Hours of Operation: Open Tuesday-Thursday and 2 Saturdays a month
- Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The Center is Closed every Sunday, Monday, and Friday.
2014 Dallas County Holiday Closings
- May 24th and 26th (Memorial Day)
- July 4th (Independence Day)
- September 1st (Labor Day)
- November 22nd, and 27th & 28th (Thanksgiving Holiday)
- December 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th (Christmas Holiday)
Acceptable Household and Electrical Items:
- Chemical products for home use
- Paint and home repair products
- Lawn and garden chemicals
- Aerosol Sprays
- Pool Chemicals
- Craft & hobby supplies
- Cleaners & polishes
- Batteries of all kinds
- Automobile fluids & Oil filter
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Computers and cell phones
Do not Bring:
- Business or commercial waste
- Containers larger than 5 gallons
- Explosives or Ammunition
- Shock sensitive material
- Smoke detectors
- Radioactive materials
- Medical Waste
- Common Trash or recyclables
- Construction Debris
- No Appliances, TVs or Microwaves
- Prescription drugs and other medicines
The Home Chemical Collection Center is a free service open year-round for residents of Dallas and many surrounding cities. For more information, call 214-553-1765.
For a list of Electronics Recyclers, please visit
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
Household Hazardous Waste Home Check List (Adobe PDF)
How to Estimate How Much Paint You Need (Adobe PDF)
Other Participating Cities
In addition to Dallas, other Dallas County cities participate in the program. Non-Dallas residents should call their own cities to confirm program participation or call (214) 553-1765. Do not
call the City of Dallas if you are a resident of another city.