Public Works | Sidewalk Replacement Program
The City of Dallas has two programs available for sidewalk replacement: Fast Fix and Cost Share.
Is a sidewalk replacement program which allows citizens to obtain residential sidewalk repair/replacement without having an extended wait.
The citizen contacts the City for an estimate, and if acceptable, pays the contract 100% of the cost through an existing price agreement.
The program also includes the option of replacement/repair of curb and gutter, drive approaches and the installation of barrier free ramps also at the citizens’ expense.
- Low unit cost per square foot
- Insured and bonded contractors
- No Building permits required
- City inspection plus one year warranty
- Project completed in as little as two months from request.
- Citizens Contacts the City
- City staff conducts an inspection and mails the citizen a cost estimate and statement of authorization.
- Citizen signs and returns to the City the statement of authorizing a work order.
- A contractor inspects the sidewalk and confirms the cost estimate.
- The contractor sends citizen a quote and request for payment.
- Citizen pays contractor directly.
- The work in generally completed within two weeks of payment to the contractor.
Is a sidewalk replacement where the City partners with the citizen to share a 50/50 cost for the sidewalk removal and replacement.
The citizen pays 100% of the cost of drive approach removal and replacement, and the City pays for all miscellaneous items including barrier free ramps and curb repairs.
Repairs under this program are on a first come, first served basis. Requested are logged by the date received. Citizens are contacted when funding is available.
The time frame from citizen inquiry to sidewalk repairs is typically 1.5 to 3 years with this option.
- Citizen contacts City and asks to participate in the Cost Share program.
- Citizenís name is entered into the next group list.
- When funding becomes available, city staff contacts citizens by individual authorization letter requesting a response indicating interest to continue with the program.
- For each positive response, city staff visits the property and assesses the sidewalk repair needs.
- City staff sends the citizen and individual quote for the cost share, a sketch of the replacement limits and a 30 day deadline for submitting payments or electing a payment plan.
- City staff then prepares a contract typically containing 200 plus residential properties and competitively bids the contract.
- The bid is awarded, and city staff manages the construction.
- The work is completed within the next year, and comes with a one year warranty.
To participate in the Fast Fix or Cost Share, citizens may contact 214-948-4287.
Engineering, Construction and Survey Services
320 E. Jefferson Blvd. Room 307
Dallas, TX 75203
Download a Brochure (English)