WIC - Who Qualifies?
The City of Dallas WIC Program serves over 101,000 people each month.
Groups WIC serves:
- Pregnant Women
- Breastfeeding Women up to one year postpartum
- Non-breastfeeding Women up to six months postpartum
- Infants and children ages birth up to 5 years of age
- All foster children under 5 years of age
- Single fathers may receive benefits for eligible infants and children
- Families living in the U.S. undocumented or have applied for citizenship (their application or legal status will not be affected in any way)
To get WIC benefits:
- You need to meet income guidelines
- Live in Dallas County
- Have a nutritional need
- Get regular medical checkups (we will provide you with referrals)
WIC Income Guidelines:
Effective July 1, 2012
|Number of Household Members*||Gross Monthly Household Income||Gross Yearly Household Income|
|1||$0 up to $1,723||$0 up to $20,665|
|2||$0 up to $2333||$0 up to $27,991|
|3||$0 up to $2944||$0 up to $35,317|
|4||$0 up to $3554||$0 up to $42,643|
|5||$0 up to $4165||$0 up to $49,969|
|6||$0 up to $4775||$0 up to $57,295|
For more than 6 household members, or if you have income questions, call 1-800-942-3578.
Individuals with proof of Medicaid, TNAF or Food Stamps (SNAP) automatically meet income eligibility.
*One pregnant women counts as two household members.
Need an Appointment? Call 214-670-7200