Comprehensive Homeless Outreach Program
R. Todd Gaston, Division Coordinator
Comprehensive Homeless Services
Melva Bazan, Manager
Supportive Homeless Housing
Candi Chamber, Manager
Project Reconnect/Ex-Offender Re-Entry
To serve individuals who are homeless through a continuum of care method that includes: emergency shelter, case work services, intake and assessment, transitional housing, supportive services, and job readiness placement with the goal of gaining or regaining economic self-sufficiency.
The Bridge is Dallas' new homeless resource center. It is a multipurpose facility dedicated to serving homeless men, women and children, with the primary focus being the chronically homeless.
Please visit the Metro Dallas Homeless Alliance web site to learn more.
Homeless Housing Program Overview
There are three goals of the Homeless Housing Program:
- Help participants obtain and remain in safe and affordable housing.
- Provide support services to help participants increase skill levels and/or income and to live as independently as possible.
- Ensure provision of supportive services to assist clients toward self-sufficiency.
Project Reconnect Overview
Project Reconnect is a comprehensive outreach program designed to provide reentry case management and community referrals to help non-violent offenders on parole transition into the Dallas community from a state or federal prison. Five (5) core components of the Project Reconnect program focus on pre and post assistance in the areas of employment, housing, education, recovery support and community service.
Code Compliance provides
Homeless Food Safety Training
Meal Provider Program Sites
Provisions for Feeding the Homeless Brochure
Links To Helpful Resources
- Community Council of Greater Dallas
- HUD/U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Legal Aid of Northwest Texas
- Metrocare Services
- National Coalition for the Homeless
- Parkland Health and Hospital System
- Texas Homeless Network
- Texas Low Income Housing Information Service
- Veterans Administration North Texas Health System