Dallas, Texas
Majestic Theater, Renaissance style structure, last remaining downtown movie palace of the 1920's

Landmark Districts

Eastside Warehouse Historic District

This industrial district consist of two warehouses the Chevrolet Motor Co. and Lincoln Paint and Color. The Chevrolet Motor Co., 3221 Commerce, was built in 1923, by the firm Lang and Witchell. This was an early fireproof building. This Chevy plant was in competition with the Ford plant on Canton Street. In 1923 this plant began making the "Superior Series B." The Lincoln Paint and Color Company was built in 1912, which was quite early for this warehouse district. This was significant as one of the early paint company manufactures in Dallas. This district may expand in the future. There are approximately 10 city designated warehouses in this area. All these warehouses have been converted to loft housing.

Eastside Warehouse Historic District

 

 


Horizontal Line
© 2001-2012 City of Dallas, Texas.
Accessibility   |    Credits   |    Privacy Policy   |    City Terminology Guide   |    Contact Us   |    Contact Web Master