Designated Landmark Structures
DeGolyer House and Gardens
"Rancho Encinal" was the estate of petroleum industry entrepreneur and Renaissance man Everrette DeGolyer. The sprawling Spanish Colonial Revival house, designed in 1939 by Los Angeles architects Derman Scott and Burton Schutt, housed the massive DeGolyer library, and was surrounded on its prominent hillside site overlooking White Rock Lake by formal gardens laid out by landscape architect Arthur Berger. It is now a part of the Dallas Arboretum.
© 2001-2012 City of Dallas, Texas.